August 23, 2017
Power Tools are pretty much a necessity in every toolkit. Here are our four top picks that we think every tradie and home handyman should own. Do you have them all in your toolkit?
1. Hammer Drill
A drill with a hammering action, that gives quicker drilling with less effort. Great for drilling into stone, concrete, brick or mortar. If you are working around masonry, this is a must have addition to your toolbox.
We like: Bosch Hammer Drill Kit
- Comes with 2 batteries for less down time
- 18V's of power
- Fast charging time
- Keyless chuck for quick drill bit change out
2. Circular Saw
Depending on the blade, this versatile tool can be used to cut through materials like wood, plastic, masonry or metals. A good circular saw has the power to provide straight cut after straight cut. Much quicker and much more accurate than a handsaw!
We like: Makita Circular Saw
- Powerful brushless motor
- Compact and lightweight- easy to take from job to job
- Auto torque drive increases torque to power through any cut
- Electric brake protects you, by reducing blade run on
3. Impact Driver
An impact driver is a necessity if you are driving in a heap of screws or need to drive screws into thick, dense wood. An impact driver uses bit rotation and concussive blows to power-drive screws in and is specifically designed for screwdriving. An impact driver will generate the most amount of torque (driving power) and virtually eliminates the need for a pilot hole.
We like: DeWalt Impact Driver Kit
- Comes with a multi-voltage charger
- Compact Design perfect for screwdriving
- High Power 3 Speed Brushless Motor
- 2 batteries, use one, charge one
4. Angle Grinder
Cut, grind and polish with an angle grinder. You are sure to find a use for an angle grinder if you are polishing metal, grinding mortar, restoring metal edges or cutting through tile, stone or concrete.
We like: Milwaukee Angle Grinder
- Brushless Motor for maximum power and longer motor life
- World's first cordless angle grinder with corded performance
- 5 year warranty
- Rapid Stop braking technology