In business, you need strong and reliable partners that can help you get the job done.
Here are 7 reasons to choose Blackwoods as your partner:
1. Tailor-made contracts to suit you - you’ll have a customised basket of goods available to you from the widest range of industrial products including items from leading brands and our own exclusive Blackwoods brands.
2. We can source what you need at the best prices – we leverage our scale with suppliers to negotiate the best prices and deliver on your specific product requirements, meaning you only need one place for all your industrial and safety supplies.
3. Specialist solutions that go above and beyond – you’ll have access to our national team of technical experts in a range of specialist disciplines.
4. Save money and simplify your range using our ‘Assess, Train, Equip’ approach to safety – from range rationalisation to improvements in workforce health and safety, our safety framework can help you work smarter.
5.Easy online ordering – we can implement web-based end-to-end electronic processing (EDI), linking our ordering systems to your back-end procurement systems. Log in to www.blackwoods.com.au to see and order from your customised basket of goods at specially negotiated prices.
6. Getting what you need when you need it – from Darwin to Mount Isa, the Kimberly Plateau to Hobart and everywhere in between, Blackwoods can help you wherever you are.
7. Servicing teams who understand your business – we offer an account management and customer service team and technical specialists to provide an efficient and knowledgeable servicing resource for you.
A like-minded partner with a commitment to sustainability
Behaving responsibly and acting with integrity is fundamental to how we operate as an organisation. As part of the Wesfarmers group, Blackwoods promotes and supports a rigorous sustainability agenda.
Health and Safety
Health and safety is an integral part of our culture at Blackwoods. We rigorously monitor and report on our Health and Safety Executive (HSE) scorecard every month and have a dedicated focus on high risk areas in Blackwoods Distribution Centres.
Product Safety and Quality
Ensuring the safety and quality of all our products is our top priority. We pay particular attention to safety compliance in high risk areas of our own brands, including electrical consumer goods, fasteners, hazardous substances, as well as timber and paper products.
Blackwoods is committed to the ethical sourcing of all our products. We hold our suppliers accountable in a range of areas including legal compliance, labour and human rights, anti-bribery, environmental impact, restricted and banned substances, Uzbekistan cotton and more.
Our foundation is a comprehensive and well-established Ethical Sourcing Policy, which adopts the standard set by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, as set down by the United Nations.
Increasing Indigenous engagement is essential for all industries. Wesfarmers produced its first Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in 2009, and Blackwoods is committed to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and businesses.
Blackwoods has also been a proud partner of the Fred Hollows Foundation Indigenous Health Programme since 2008, and achieved a $500,000 donation milestone in 2016. This includes the implementation of our exclusive ‘Foresight’ range, with a percentage of every purchase from the range going directly to the Fred Hollows Foundation.
We are committed to having a fair representation of women throughout our organisation.
In 2016, Blackwoods launched a new workplace flexibility policy and a new parental leave policy designed to forge strong career paths for women in our business.
Climate Change Resilience
Blackwoods proactively manages the risks associated with climate change by monitoring and managing our greenhouse gas emissions and reducing them where possible. We also work towards understanding the specific risks created by climate change for our businesses and addressing those risks.
Speak to your Account Manager today or call 13 73 23.